How can acupuncture help you?
Acupuncture originated in China some 5,000 years ago. It is considered an energetic medicine, and is one of several different treatment modalities in Chinese Medicine. It involves the insertion of fine needles into the skin. Manipulation of the needle sends messages that impact the flow of energy within the individual. The human body may be visualized as host to invisible channels where energy flows. Energy flow may be disrupted, or blocked resulting in disequilibrium. This may manifest physically as pain or disease, or in the form of mental or emotional issues. Acupuncture influences the flow of energy, bringing energy to where it is needed, and transforms or disperses energy where it may be stagnant or in excess. In this way, balance and harmony are restored to the body, mind and spirit. Consequently, healing comes not from an external source, such as with the ingestion of substance medicine, but from within the individual.
What does acupuncture treat?
The World Health Organization and the National Institute for Health recognize the use of acupuncture to treat various health issues. Acupuncture is indicated for a wide range of conditions including:
- Musculoskeletal: arthritis/joint problems, back pain, sciatica, pain in the limbs
- ENT: allergies, sinusitis, rhinitis, asthma, cold/flu, etc.
- Digestive/abdominal issues: acid reflux, indigestion, gas, IBS, constipation, etc
- Immune-related: autoimmune issues, chronic fatigue, etc.
- GYN: menstrual-related issues, menopause, fibroids, ovarian cysts, fertility, etc.
- Mental-Emotional: stress, sleep disorders, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, addiction, etc.
- Neurological: neuralgia, neuropathy, Bell’s Palsy, etc.